Possible areas of application
Turbine flow sensors of the series VTY stainless steel were specially developed for the use in industrial applications.
The sensors are particularly suitable for use in e.g. dosing systems, heaters, coolers or temperature control units.
The liquid flowing into the turbine flow sensor is split into individual jets by the flow straightener. These jets hit the rotor evenly, setting the rotor in motion. The rotation speed of the rotor is then converted to an electrical pulse signal (frequency): The rotor is fitted with magnets and a Hall effect sensor detects the rotation of the rotor.
A flow-proportional frequency signal (square-wave signal) is made available.
Given the uniform inflow to the bearing, the forces largely cancel themselves out and wear is reduced to a minimum. The extremely hard bearing materials - sapphire and hard metal - also guarantee an exceptionally long endurance.
- Turbine body made of stainless steel, internal parts made of glass-fibre-reinforced plastic
- Sapphire-bearing turbine for long service life
- Practically no deviation in mass production due to fixed pulse rate
- Wide measuring span (up to 1:60)
- Insensitive against water hammers
- Proven in numerous mass production applications
- High measuring accuracy, mostly independent of fitting position due to integrated flow straightener
|Measurement range||1...60 l/min|
|Accuracy||±1 % of range ±1 % of reading|
|Signal output||From 0.8 l/min|
|Nominal diameter||DN 20|
|Pressure rating||PN 16|
|Medium temperature||0...90 °C (non freezing)|
|Ambient temperature||0...70 °C|
|Process connection||G1 male thread|
|Output signal||Square wave - frequency signal, NPN open collector|
|Pulse rate / K-factor||122 pulses/l|
||80 mm single wire with Molex Mini-Fit® Jr. plug
optional: 0.5 m PVC cable
|Power supply||4.5...24 VDC|
|Pressure drop||0.33 bar (at Q = 60 l/min)|
Further details and accessories can be found in the data sheet.